Wet Carpet Cleaning versus Low Moisture Carpet Cleaning
Low Moisture or Water Extraction Carpet Cleaning, which is best?
Portland – Oregon City – Lake Oswego – West Linn – Gresham – Sandy – Milwaukie OR
Many people wonder which carpet cleaning technique is better for their carpet: hot water extraction carpet cleaning or low moisture carpet cleaning? Proponents of hot water extraction carpet cleaning, sometimes referred to as steam carpet cleaning cleaning, argue that low moisture carpet cleaning techniques do not clean deeply enough. Low moisture carpet cleaning (also known as dry carpet cleaning) proponents would argue that steam cleaning techniques use too much water, which results in unnecessarily saturated carpeting, causing mold and other issues.
Hot Water Extraction Carpet Cleaning & Steam Carpet Cleaning
One big issue with hot water extraction carpet cleaning is that the carpets are still dirty. If the goal is to remove the dirt from the carpet, how could it be successful when the technique results in completely saturated carpets? Research has shown that steam carpet cleaning techniques result in dirty water residue being left behind in the carpeting. In order for hot water extraction to truly be an effective carpet cleaning method, the carpet would need to be rinsed numerous times to ensure no dirty water is left behind. Some industry experts estimate that as much as 60% of the dirty water is left behind! Water-logged carpets have been known to experience odor, mold, and mildew.
Hot Water Extraction Cleaning Can Be Bad for Your Carpets
- Stains can reappear. Many people report that carpet stains tend to reappear after the carpets are completely dry. This makes sense, since the carpets are not thoroughly cleaned to begin with, as they are left soaking in dirty water.
- In cases of stains, since much of the staining material is forced down further into the carpet and padding, a process of “stain re-wicking” can occur. It’s this re-wicking process that allows stains that once appear removed to come back over time as the carpet dries.
- It’s bad for your carpet’s lifespan. Water extraction carpet cleaning forces water into the carpet fibers, mesh, and padding, taking debris and stains deeper into the carpet. This process has been shown to decrease the life expectancy of carpet.
- Hot water extraction is inconvenient. Steam carpet cleaning leaves carpets completely soaked, often requiring a day or longer to dry. People should not have to leave their homes for an entire day just to have their carpets cleaned.
- It’s bad for the environment. The equipment used for this cleaning technique is costly, and requires a great deal of water, fuel, and energy to operate. The dirty water retrieved from each carpet cleaning must be disposed of in designated areas, so it doesn’t pollute the municipal water supply.
Receive a FREE Carpet Cleaning Estimate or Schedule Service!
Click below and receive a call back within 15 minutes!
Low Moisture Carpet Cleaning
Low moisture carpet cleaning is a relatively newer process, especially when compared to how long water extraction carpet cleaning has been used. We use low moisture carpet cleaning at Heaven’s Best, and the process involves several steps.
- We conduct a through vacuuming with an industrial vacuum system to loosen any high level debris.
- Your carpet will be lightly misted with hospital grade cleaner and disinfectant.
- This cleaner will be allowed to set on your carpet for a few minutes to go to work breaking up any normal use stains.
- For any heavier stains we will apply a special formulated cleaner and may use a little elbow grease to make sure this cleaner is working to break the stain up.
- Your Heaven’s Best Carpet Cleaning operator will use an orbital carpet cleaning machine outfitted with special cotton carpet cleaning pads.
- These pads, when used in combination with our orbital cleaner, are designed to gently scrub carpet fibers from the base of your carpet up.
- We’ll make several passes over your carpet in different directions to ensure carpet fibers are cleaned from multiple directions.
- Finally, your Heaven’s Best carpet cleaner will “rake” your carpet with a stiff carpet rake, lifting the carpet fibers back into an upright position.
- If you have high traffic areas where your carpet has become matted down, this process can help restore the look and feel of the carpet pile in these areas.
Carpet Cleaning That’s So Clean You Can Feel and Smell It
It’s not unusual for our customers to remark how clean their house smells after a good carpet cleaning by us. After all, we’ve removed much of the grime, dirt, and other pollutants from the carpet.
- Our carpet cleaning process will extend the life of your carpet. Since we’re not soaking it to the backing, essential glues, taping and backing stays in tact longer.
- Our process of cleaning carpet fibers from the base up, combined with use of highly absorbent carpet cleaning pads, allows Heaven’s Best to have your clean carpet dry in about an hour, with guaranteed stain removal!
- No need to leave your doors or windows open!
- We don’t soak your carpets and pads and we don’t push dirt and grime down to the carpet backing and pad, only for it to reappear a few days or weeks later.
- Our cleaning unit is self contained, so no wet, dirty hoses drug around your home.
- Our carpet cleaning process is green–we don’t have gallons of tainted waste water to dump!
Heaven’s Best Carpet Cleaning
Heaven’s Best Carpet Cleaning serves Portland, Clackams, Gresham, Oregon City, West Linn, Lake Oswego, Canby, Molalla, Troutdale, Sandy, and Boring. Call us today for a free carpet cleaning estimate.
Wet Carpet Cleaning versus Low Moisture Carpet Cleaning in Portland Oregon
Serving Clients in the Greater Portland Area: